Monday, February 22, 2010

Another week passes.....

This weekend was rather uneventful. But we did go to the movies on Friday and saw Shutter Island. It had a definite feeling of a Hitchcock type movie, so I definitely recommend it as a good one to see. Poor DH had to work on Sunday….tax season is always crazy for him at work. So while he was at the office I spent the day cleaning. I vacuumed everything; the stairs, closets, rugs, etc… which is quite a chore seeing as our home is a Tri-level. Carrying the vacuum up and down each staircase can be hard work. I cleaned the kitchen, organized cabinets, scrubbed the bathrooms, and washed and folded laundry. I was actually kind of enjoying it. I know that sounds weird but I do like to clean! The problem is I like to clean so much that sometimes it distracts me from what I really should be doing.

Oh, I also tried out a new recipe for dinner last night. I made Pad Kee Mao (Thai Drunken Noodles) and it was fantastic. For the past few months I’ve tried to spice things up in the kitchen and we have been trying to add some fun new recipes to our weekly repertoire. The Pad Kee Mao was really simple and it will now be a part of our little cookbook. If you are interested in making this dish I can pass along the recipe to you. As for this week; I have planned quite a food adventure. We are having Honey and Black Pepper Beef with rice tonight, Vegetable Thai Green Curry on Tuesday, Beef Bourguignon on Wednesday, Keema Curry with Naan on Thursday, and Friday is still up in the air but I’m sure I will figure it out.

On the TTC journey….. I’m totally annoyed! It’s CD25 for me and I never did get a confirmed +OPK! I thought I had a possible positive a few days ago but my temp was never really able to confirm it. I ran out of tests and I have no desire to pick up any more. It’s strange because at CD15 I had all the signs of O…EWCM, sore BBs and slight cramping, I totally thought I would get a +OPK but it never happened. So I kept testing and testing and testing…NOTHING! DH and I have been BDing every other day since AF left so we could be sure not to miss O. Now the only thing I can do is hope that I O’d and that the OPK missed my surge. The other confusion I have is that because this is my first cycle since the m/c, I’m not sure when to expect AF. Before the m/c my cycles were 33 days so if all goes back to normal I guess I should expect either a BFP or an AF around March 3rd. I’m not getting my hopes up and if it doesn’t happen this cycle I’m ready to move to the next.

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you are finding things to engage in and distract you from the stress of TTC. Don't worry yourself over not getting a +OPK, as you probably just missed the surge. And, often times after a m/c women get pregnant and never detect the surge, so it can be normal. The good signs are that you had the cervical mucus and sore boob's, which signal ovulation :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. You have the right attitude about not getting anxious and being ready to move on, but I HOPE you don't see AF for the next 9 months :)

    HUGS and enjoy all those yummy meals you have planned!

    ReplyDelete

 

Big Belly or Bust.....What to Expect Before Expecting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez