Wednesday, April 28, 2010

......And then it Happened

I’ve been patiently waiting for AF to arrive and she has yet to make an appearance and this morning I found out why……..

I’M PREGNANT!

Photobucket

OMG…..I don’t even know what to think in fact I’m still in disbelief!

I woke up this morning and thought I’d just take a test and had no expectations for seeing a BFP but I’m jumping for joy that I did! I have a big stack of those cheapy dollar store tests and figured what the heck I’ll just try one out. It came back a faint positive. I thought there’s no freakin’ way?? So then I waited 3 hours and decided to try my ClearBlue digital I wanted to see it all spelled out and sure enough the words PREGNANT appeared in the window. I’m over the moon with excitement right now!

But of course the worrier in me started thinking about how I haven’t really been taking my vitamins, I have been using allergy medicine, I have been taking Excedrin like every other day for 2 weeks because I was getting headaches, and how I guess I’ve been ignoring all the signs….partly because we’ve been busy with the whole buying a house thing, and secondly because I’ve been let down too many times by analyzing pregnancy symptoms that I decided to not consider every twinge or tenderness has a meaning.

Today I’m guessing I must be exactly 4 weeks, because my last AF was on March 28th. As I said before my breasts have been sore but other than that I certainly don’t feel anything. I haven’t contacted my doctor yet…….and it’s really far from my mind. My insurance recently changed so now I have to find a new doctor and the anxiety of trying to pick out one has been one that I avoided but I guess I better step up and do it NOW!

I waited until hubby got home so I could spill the beans……..So it’s been just about 30 minutes since he found out and he’s just as thrilled as I am. We hugged and kissed and then he sat with me and flipped through the latest edition of Pregnancy magazine which conveniently arrived today.

Now all I want to do is take it easy…….

13 comments:

  1. What great news! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wish I could join you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting – SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! We get to do this together!!!!! According to my last period I'm 10 days ahead of you but I think I O'd late so I may just be a few days ahead of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation!!!! That's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! This is wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOO HOO! you should be taking it easy! so glad for you...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Yay!!!!
    Congrats that is so awesome. You are the second person who I have started following this week who got a positive! I hope this is a trend I will be seeing for lots of women in this blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh, what a frickin awesome suprise!!! CONGRATS, so so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG i missed out on so so much when i was in the hospital!! CONGRATS SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Big Belly or Bust.....What to Expect Before Expecting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez